Monday 19 June 2023

Not so nifty sixty

 Yesterday I celebrated my 60th birthday alone. Well I had the dog, but she doesn't drink prosecco and she can't eat chocolates. 

I opened the cards I had been sent, the ones from my children, and a handful from work colleagues. I then burst into tears and sobbed for the card that wasn't there. I thought about all the other birthdays with Tall and the last present he bought. You can read about it here; last birthday. Eventually the tears dried up, and I went food shopping. 

Despite repeated efforts, I never did get to my target weight. Everytime I get sad I eat. I'm not sure if it is the job itself or that I am the only person there who doesn't have someone, but I have really found the last six months hard. I have struggled to lose any weight at all, at least I haven't gained much. That's due to the walk to and from work though, I have lost all self control. 

The journey continues. Life continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment